CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Update on Maddie project! don't miss posts below this one is a sticky

The kids had a back to school night yesterday and I got to talk to her teacher. She alone has 60 postcards so far! The teacher said they don't always get that many from all the kids put together and Madison has more then the rest of the 2 1st grade classes. The teacher was pretty excited about it because they usually don't really get any from out of the US either so they actually got to bring out the world map. She has until May actually to get cards in so there is plenty of time for her to get others. I actually got a few confirmations from people this week about it so I know those haven't arrived yet. We also made sure she would get all her postcards at the end of the year so I should think now about how I'm going to put those together for her as a keepsake. Thank you so much to all of you who have participated in this for her she is totally loving hearing from her teacher that she got more cards in!

For anyone who missed this the link to the post is here.

I'm going to leave this post up at the top for a few days so nobody misses the update.

24 people had something to say:

Marja said...

Hi thanks for your visit. Yes I noticed that your children have learning disabilities and I think you are a wonderful mum. This project shows that as well. What a great idea. I would like to sent a card too. Hope it's not to late.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool

Pamela said...

I thought: that is so cool
then I clicked comment... and thats exactly what my daughter said. ha ha ha.

I hope my card made it. She'll probably say "Why did she call me mad maddie, mom?"

because I could.... bwaa ha ha ha ha hah

M said...

OMG that is so freaking cool! Yeah Maddie ruling the school! (I hope my 4 cards made it! :) )

How absolutely neat! And all the way until May? DUDE! I'm so gonna hit up some homies and see if we can trickle more into her!!!

Steffi said...

Wow...that´s cool!I hope our letter to Maddie is already arrived there.Please give us more updates about Maddie´s project,it´s really interesting!Very good project!

Beccy said...

I'm delighted Maddie got so many cards, I hope mine made it there too.

la bellina mammina said...

Cool! I hope mine has arrived too! :-)

ChrisB said...

I'm so glad Maddie got a lot of cards~hope mine got there!

Anonymous said...

That is great. I am sure mine made it already, and since I didn't send one from where we live, I still have that option since it is open until May. Hmmm. May what? We are going on a trip at the end of April.

Stacy said...

Glad she rocked out on the cards!!!!

heiresschild said...

hi terri, i am so excited for Madison. i sent her 2 and since there's time for more, i'll have my daughter in california and brother in the grand cayman islands send her one too.

Melanie said...

Wow- that's incredibe! What a great learning experience!!

frannie said...

I sent one in from us-- Stone Mountain. I tried to find one of Atlanta- but haven't yet. Hubby has a meeting at the new world of Coke on Wednesday-- I'll have him look.

I'm so excited about how many she has!

Unknown said...

I clicked you & my brain totally went, "Oh, crap. Post card. For her daughter." Ugh. I swear it's going to get there before Christmas (I hope!) Your shoes look very comfy & I love that about you.

Pamela said...

ps. I asked my friend in Irian Jaya (Indonesia) to send her one.

I hope she does. She said she had to wait for someone to get to a mainland where a good postal source would pick it up.

BS said...

Hope that mine has made it's way to Alaska - Virginia is for Lovers is what it says !!

Jocelyn said...

I just had one of my many moments of "Oh, crap" because I'd meant to send her one. Glad I can still do it (which, of course, entails me having any sort of short or long-term memory).

It's so cool that she's gotten so many!

Heather K said...

Hey what's with the goofy date on your post...Oct 5th?? we're not even there yet...
=)

Blue Tissue Box said...

Thanks for stopping in and saying hi. I emailed you yesterday, about Madison's project, did you get it?

Holliday Family said...

Hi, I am a friend of Susie's and got to your blog via hers. I could send a card from where I live - Kent, England, if you would like.

Debs

Amy W said...

I can send more!!

~ej said...

YAY, lots of cards!! when my son did this i asked my e-friends and he got the most too :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Postcard sent off today - so Maddie can add to her collection and since she has until May - well possibly more to follow too!!!

A great learning experience for all the Class.