CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Reading time with Madison! Video fixed so everyone can watch it, Sorry

Madison is bringing home little books to read and she is to read them to everyone in the house to practice. She is very good actually. I have to say of the 4 kids (and I know it's not a good thing to compare) she is probably the smartest and this school stuff is a breeze for her where the others had a little more struggles to read at the begining. Yes she makes mistakes but here is a video of her reading this only the second time they have brought home books and up until this week they were just learning basics of how to read and all those stupid rules that are part of the english language when it comes to reading. Take a look!!

Untitled from my4kidsdunn on Vimeo.


Isn't she cute! In case you don't know what bunny trails are it is a phrase we have used since we were in high school. Basically when you get side tracked on something and get off topic. Madison is well known for doing it! It is me and her uncle Josh commenting in the background.

Did you notice her clothes? She is wearing a tshirt and capri pants with out shoes or anything and she is reading outside. That is my girl. She changes when she gets home and even though it is 40 degrees outside she insists she isn't cold. Weird kid.


She is doing great in school this year so far except she is, well, being Madison. Some of you have heard us use the phrase "Maddie time" before. That means she does everything on her own time. There is no speeding her up, it will really only slow things down. She eats slow, but she enjoys her food and never gets the side effects like some with hiccups! She takes her time doing any form of work but things like her school work are done very well. She also has this issue with her attitude! See the shirt?

Fits her perfectly!

I think she has great handwritting for a 1 st grader. The scanner didn't pick it up very well and you can't see there is an "s" on the columbus. The teacher told them the line and they had to write it themselves. She did pretty good didn't she? She spelled things correctly even.


Can you tell I'm a proud mama to my Maddie roo.....

I do plan on some posts on how the other kids are doing at school as well since we moved but I probably will post those around once a week or something. I signed up for NaBloPoMo and you can see the link on my sidebar. In case you are wondering about the picture on the link that is Madison a couple of years ago. She fell asleep with a stuffed doggie on her head! Anyway about the NaBloPoMo I am working on what I will fill each day with and have some ideas. We will have Joshua, Kenzie and Kelly's birthday that month and I plan on doing something similar to what I did before Izzaks birthday in April where I show pictures and give bits of info on them up till now but I probably won't do it the same exact way. I'm sure I will have no problem posting every day though. I am never at a loss for words!

19 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you should be very proud!!

I can't watch the video - it gives me a sign saying "This Video is Private" -

frannie said...

love the video!!! thanks for letting me know it was up!

did you ever wonder why there are so many november birthdays? it's 9 months after valentine's!

Kila said...

Keep reading, Madison!

Good job on your handwriting!

I like your voice, Terri. :)

heiresschild said...

hi terri, three of your children's birthdays are in the same month? how special!

it's great that madison is doing so well, and it's definitely something to be proud of. i'm sure it's just a preview of even greater things to come.

Anonymous said...

She is reading very well. I had one that was exceptional, one that was good by 7 and a half, and one that read at 9 and a bit, and one that started at 10. They are all reading at or above their grade level. Madison is definitely a cutie which I am sure contributes to the princess factor, it does with our youngest.

I am probably going to sign up this weekend. I have been putting it off as I am not sure I will be able to do it. I can post, but I am panicking over reading the others. I am sure it will be fine, but I often worry about what I am getting myself into if I haven't seen it before. I will see you on the other side.

ChrisB said...

That is a lovely little video she is such a sweetie. She's doing really well with her reading.

Beccy said...

I love hearing little ones read, Ben also has to read to me every day and it's so cute.

Anonymous said...

Terri, seeing wee Madison reading - was a joy as well as to hear her too!!

Can quite understand your reasons for being so very proud of her - she is a 'star princess' as is her spelling too - and all in "Maddie-time" too!!

So luv the t-shirt slogan - a great decision choice - I think some of us adults - could emulate such a slogan too..

Also for those of us - who had disappeared fromt the scene - perhaps you can elaborate on the following "NaBloPoMo" - not sure what that relates too????

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.... and thanks for the many comments - much appreciated...

la bellina mammina said...

Brava Maddie - and yes, she's soooo cute! :-)

Steffi said...

Maddie is so cute and you can be really proud!Have a nice weekend with your family!

~ej said...

you should be proud!! and she is doing great...i try not to compare my kids too...it's hard tho cos we do remember how it was for the older ones.

Melanie said...

She is adorable! And her handwriting is so nice.

You should definitely be proud of her!!

INSANITY said...

Great Handwriting!! You should be extremly proud. She is doing wonderful job!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Jocelyn said...

A proud Mamma is just as charming as a smart first grader! The video is great, as is her handwriting.

Yay, Maddie!

Emma in Canada said...

She's doing great. I bet she'd love the Junie B. Jones books.

I need your new address, I have some box albums to send up to you.

Heather K said...

Hi Terri
Maddie's reading is awesome!! She's doing very well..and she's as cute as a button! She's really doing well with her printing too! that's great!

Melanie said...

Please stop by my blog to learn more about an Activity Menu Challenge that is taking place tomorrow.

Marja said...

She is absolutely great and what a gorgeous child. I loved the video.
I think doing things in your own time can be an advantage You take things in better. Mayke is on top of the class but not with finishing work.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie. My daughter lives on her own time as well. Eating,dressing, brushing her teeth, and oh yes, school work. She just takes her time with e-v-e-r-y thing. But like you said, everything is done really well.