CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Check out Kelly's work!

Kelly's new job is pretty laid back and very family oriented. Honestly I don't know if he could have picked a better place to work. They paid everything to move us here and every step of the way when we have had any problems along our way getting settled here they have stepped out and helped or fixed what ever problem it was. One more reason my stress level has gone way down! One example would be that Izzak needed to earn some money for a trip he is taking this week with his youth group to Juneau so Izzak worked at the shop to earn some money by cleaning up. He is used to cleaning up after his dad he just got paid for doing at his work.

Kelly's work is only about 5 minutes from our house so on the weekdays Izzak and I take him his lunch and visit during his lunch break. His other co worker teases me sometimes when I am a few minutes late and I just point out to him that he has to make his own lunch and in the morning! His wife is my friend so I can do that. On weekends sometimes when Daddy goes to work the kids and I will go there when he is getting off soon so that we can go do something. One of the kids favorite things to do is check out the machines......
This machine is owned by his company and Kelly and his co worker Joe maintain them, several other machines (some equaly as large) and fix machines owned by other companies in the area when they get broken.

This thing dwarfs Joshua and Madison doesn't it? It's huge.
I wrote the first part of this post this morning and then had to take Kelly his lunch this is where I found him when we got there!




This thing is one of the excavators his company owns. It is in for some repairs.

Izzak is going on a youth retreat this weekend with his youth group and needed some money so today ended up being one of those days he stayed at work with Kelly. The have him out in the rain cleaning up. Izzak was lucky enough he keeps his rain gear in the car just in case! Otherwise he would have been drenched.

The reason would be we are having some very stormy weather today



Here is a little video to show you..



Untitled from my4kidsdunn on Vimeo.

13 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

That looks like quite a storm. Living by the water, I am sure it would be louder than here. We have had some really strong winds the last few days.

Kelly's work sounds great. It is wonderful the kids can go and experience the equipment like that, and it is great they have Izzak helping out and paying him for it.

frannie said...

y'all are carving out quite the life there! I love it. seems like all your dreams are coming true

Marja said...

That's great that you can still sort of have lunch together. Also great for Izzak that he can earn his own money. That storm is quite scary. Hope you're not blown away.

Marja said...

That's great that you can still sort of have lunch together. Also great for Izzak that he can earn his own money. That storm is quite scary. Hope you're not blown away.

Anonymous said...

I am so very pleased for you all that this move to Alaska has turned out so well. Also the fact that Kelly is only 5 minutes away does make all the difference and the view is absolutely stunning - one has to be envious.....

Denise said...

Dyllan wouldn't be caught dead helping his dad. he hates all of that outside work.

Junebug said...

Hi there girl,
I liked that video, reminded me of the sound of the ocean when we were cruising. Post some more. It's fun to watch. Glad your hubby works so close to your house.

alissa said...

Those machines are HUGE!!! Gotta tell you, one of my BEST childhood memories is going into the deep freezer on the HUGE forklight thing with my dad in his factory... still remember it so well! That is so great your kids get to get on those machines - they'll remember it forever!

And the storm... HOLY MOLEY!!

Heather K said...

Hey Terri..how ya doing? How's school going with Izzak? That is so cool that he gets to work with his Dad! What a great thing....spending time with Dad..sorta...and making money!
I love your storm video!! I enjoy storms SOOO much!! Especially from a vantage point such as yours!! You're going to get some beautiful storms living right on the water like that! What a great health benefit too, to be living out in the woods and fresh air like that!

Pamela said...

I know the camera picks up the wind really loud.. but I have the feeling you will be seeing much more of that weather this year.

What a deal - so close to work - more time with family - less stress.
Thats what we all want

Steffi said...

Very cool pictures!It´s good that your Kelly have a good but hard job now!

Melanie said...

I really enjoyed the pictures!

Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like you guys made a great choice in moving. Everything just seems so much better. I'm very happy for you.

Amazing wind.