CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More Stormy Weather and a blackout!

Look at this sunset! Isn't it gorgeous? I wish the camera had picked up the pink a little better but you get an idea. Why do I show this? Well because when you have a pretty day like this one

It is not fair for the weather to do this to your the next!

Yes we had a downright nasty storm last night. You can barely see the barge in the photo below because the fog rolled in so fast. The winds were nasty but since Ketchikan doesn't have a news channel or anything I have no idea how fast the wind was.
All I know is it was bad enough to leave us in the dark last night....Maddie says hi! She also wants to know why it is darker in the house then outside. Well, she is only 6!

Take a look at a bit of the storm. Sorry about me seeming to almost drop it but I almost got blown away!


Also please pray for and keep in mind the people in Southern California with the wildfires going. I spent most of my childhood in San Diego and we have a lot of family friends who still live there. One family has been evacuated from their rental home and the new house they were having built may have burnt down but I am not sure yet. It was in the line of the fire though so very possible it is gone. They do have children as well. His brother is fine other then smoke and dirt from the fires not sure about a store he ownes yet either. Lots of people being evacuated though. We have one family that we have not heard from.

21 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful sunset indeed. Sorry to hear it was followed by a frightful storm. But that's life, heh? A balance between good and bad.

I hope you're having a good day!

Anonymous said...

Well, doesn't look like you are missing the Oregon weather at all then! ha ha - we had a beautiful day yesterday but we were due - after a horrible rain and wind storm a few days prior!

alissa said...

I hope your family in CA is all well and okay...??

As for life in Alaska - I've never, EVER seen such a beautiful sunset... and the storm - God, I do love me a good storm!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful sunset photo. I know what you mean about the camera not capturing the the essence of it. We were suppose to have awesome weather yesterday, but it didn't quite get there. Today at 1 pm it was 21˚C but by 3 it was down to 8˚C and extremely windy. It is amazing how fast it can change. We aren't by the water, but we probably got the winds you had by after they went over the mountains.

Pamela said...

great stuff here. Loved hearing the kids talking and the wind whipping while you were taping


sorry about the southern cal family.
something needs to change on how or where or with what people build in those canyons and desert type areas.

la bellina mammina said...

Gorgeous photo of the sunset!

Anonymous said...

A great sunset - and all the more appealing - when living by the sea.

My thoughts and prayers are with all in California at this most devastating time - and all praise to the Emergency services.

karisma said...

Lovely sunset photo. I tried to takes pictures of the sunrise at the beach a while back but they were a bit dark. Its frustrating isn't it, when you want to show others just how it looked. Yours still looks great though.

ChrisB said...

Beautiful sunset. You captured the storm well on the video, the weather can change so quickly.

I do hope your friend's are safe. It is a terrible sight seeing the devastation caused by the fires. So many people having to leave their homes, they are in my thoughts.

frannie said...

that is a crazy storm! it was amazing seeing the difference in the fog in the two pictures.

my brother lives in LA, but he said he is fine where he is for now. I hope that all your friends make it out ok.

Heather K said...

awesome storm!! I love storms, they're so cool...your pics are pretty too....and yes praying for those in California

Steffi said...

Wow...what a beautiful sunset photo!And a crazy storm!I don´t like storm!And I agree with Debbie´s comment too!

Junebug said...

Love your sunset and video. It's always fun when you post a video.

Melanie said...

Beautiful sunset!!

Praying for the families in California.

Anonymous said...

Just had to pop over and view the beautiful 'sunset' once again ....

One could just sit and watch ....

I think your weather has passed on to here - as it is blustery and raining none stop..

Come to think - it is the start of the week-end.

Anonymous said...

beatiful sun set.. scary storm

and i really hope your family is ok..

Beckie said...

It is good to see the ocean again - it has been so long for me. I love your videos!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed on the beautiful 'Sunset' photo - are they islands in the distance?

Or is it part of the mainland?

Someone I had clicked on the photo and it enlarged to such an extent - which was great - but only made me even more jealous .......

Hope you have many more 'sunsets' to enjoy.....

bichonpawz said...

I love your sunset picture! And the video was great too. You sure had alot of awards to pass on!!

I, too, am praying for those in southern California and hope that your friends and family members make out ok.

Kerith Collins said...

it may be stormy but it is pretty!

M said...

I will never tire of looking at your pictures of your surrounding! My goodness!