CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fun Monday "Security Blankets"


This weeks Fun Monday is brought to us by Karina at Candid Karina here is her challenge for this week.....

"I want to see your security blankets. No, not the kind Linus carries around with him in the Charlie Brown cartoons, although, if you have one of those, by all means share it. What I want to see are the items you just cannot leave home without. What is it that if you leave your house without, you feel naked, incomplete, not quite right? This can be one thing or many things. And since most of us don't live in a clothing optional society, lets just assume we all leave the house fully dressed...I want to hear about those other things...the extras. The things that make women's purses so heavy and men's pockets so messy (I'm going to get grief for this one, aren't I?) What can't you leave home without? Show us pictures, tell us stories...have fun!"

Seems pretty simple right? I thought so. Until I started thinking about it. Honestly I'm not a normal girl. I don't like to carry a purse unless I absolutely have to so I don't carry much with me unless I can put it in a pocket. Oh I have a purse but it actually permanenty resides in my car right now. Don't worry where I live no one is going to want to try to get into it. Also there is nothing in it really. So to make this a little more interesting I decided to show what I can't leave the house without and what the hubby doesn't leave the house without. Now he is the one with a lot of stuff!

So I will start with my first comparison. Our keys, I carry by car keys and the key to our storage with me. Thats it for keys. I have to say though I am notorius for losing my keys though so I don't always have them with me. Which is why it is probably a good thing we don't lock the doors! Like I said no worry about anyone comming into the house that I don't want in there, they would have to find it first. That and no one around here locks anything up so nope no house key here. My keys do have a buttons for my car though cause I can't go without buttons...for some reason we don't lock the car much either.....




The comparison you ask? Look at Kelly's keys!

There are actually about 30 different keys here. Granted he keeps all 3 sets of keys to our vehicles on him (I only carry the set for which vehicle I'm driving) he also has keys that open the doors to his work and all the master keys for the heavy equipment vehicles he works on. I posted what he does a few posts back if your intrested. He does have one special thing on his keychain that makes me all happy inside......It says KnT I made it for him in highschool 15 years ago for a jewelry class project and gave it to him. It's a bit beat up now and not as shiny but it makes me happy that it's still there!

Next thing is the most important thing to me! My cell phone of course. I did say I'm notorius for losing my keys right? I also get lost going places. Around here I don't get lost as much but I forget where things are and need to get someone to tell me where to go. Also I am a phone-aholic! I am always on the phone. I bought this phone in August just before we moved and I love it. It's also a camera phone, an mp3 player and so much more and it's small and cute!

Kelly on the other hand has more then I do here as well. He has his own personal phone and a work cell so he always has both with him since he can get called anytime for work.For me that is it! Kelly also has at least 2 pocket knives and his leatherman and a whole lot of change...And since he can be sent on a plane or a ferry at any time with his job and has all this extra crap around he always has this with him when he leaves as well...And since the title for this was security blankets I thought I would show you Kelly's! His grandma made it for him when he was a kid and he still has it. It needs a lot of work and was obviously very loved when he was younger because the poor thing is falling apart. No he doesn't take it with him wherever he goes though but I thought I'd share.

Izzak my 12 year old participated this week also so please check out his security blankets!

29 people had something to say:

the planet of janet said...

it's funny... it never occurred to me to consider my keys as a must-have, even though (obviously) they would have to be.

but my cell phone? oh yeah. totally.

it's funny how many of us have that on our fun monday posts!

willowtree said...

Ha! Now that's what I call a thorough job! Very nice.

karisma said...

You sound like me, carry as little as possible. However, I just tend to leave things at home because I forget them, including the keys. My keys do look a bit like kellys though.

Anonymous said...

What a 'fun' topic to choose - and so loved to read of your 'never without' and photo's too..

I picked up on "No purse" - I seemed to know some women like that too - I did pick them or vice versa---

How sweet Kelly's 'comfort' quilt - and he still retains...

A wonderful post and enjoyed reading..

Will pop over and view your Izzak's post too.

Kerith Collins said...

yes...you are right ...that is alot of keys...i like the real security blankey

Hootin Anni said...

Love the keychain you made.


Mine's posted...
Have a great MOANday.

Lapa said...

New literary blog!
Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Your phone is awesome!

Sandy said...

Great comparison. My husband also requires more than I do to leave the house. He will tell you it's because he works harder...lol.

Anonymous said...

Love yours keys. I wish I could pare down.

Beckie said...

I should have showed what my Hubs carries - my post would have been far more interesting!

Tiggerlane said...

Like you, I'm a carry-stuff-in-pockets kinda gal. Good to know there are some of us out here!

Robin M said...

Yes, I will admit it. There are some days I just stick my cell phone, driver's license, debit card and a $20 in my pocket and go purseless.
It is much easier.

Good post

Robin of mytwoblessings

Unknown said...

That key chain you made Kelly is adorable. And, how sweet that he still uses it.

ChrisB said...

This is a great post. Your phone is very trendy. I love the key fob thingy you made for Kelly, I guess it's pretty special for both of you.

The blanket made by Kelly's grandma is a treasure. Will you be able to get it repaired?

Marja said...

Nice phone I don't like cellphones. Texting takes me ages and I always forget to charge it or put money on it. I only bring it on trips.
I absolutely love the blanket. It's beautiful

Anonymous said...

Loved the comparison and burst out laughing at your keys and then your hubby's keys LOL

Karina said...

Oh, I love that he still has that keychain after all these years! That's so sweet!

That looks like a cool phone. Mine has all those fun things to it too...I love that!

Pamela said...

In every scary movie I've ever watched, the villain and bad guy always has a huge set of keys.... ooooooeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa.

ha ha ha ha.

Kelly need to switch them back and forth so he doesn't get lopsided.

alisonwonderland said...

i love the his and hers keys comparison! :)

Anonymous said...

We used to live in a place where you didn't have to lock the doors to you're house or vehicles. The feeling is pretty good. Where I live now...I probably could get away with not locking the house. We don't lock our vehicles here as well. We live on an acreage that is hidden by trees.

I wish I could get away with only 1 or 2 keys...but nope...I need to have a few more too...just like your husband.

Steffi said...

Great post and pictures ,Terri!

Melanie said...

I loved looking at your "security blankets"

Amy W said...

Loved looking at the security blankets too!

frannie said...

loved the comparison of the two sets of keys!! how funny!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to do a comparison. His keys look like typical girl keys. I have two sets that can link together I think. One has the house and mail key, and the other is for the two vehicles. I have a truck key separate in the house so it is weird if I take the truck and don't need the wad with keys and buttons things.

Kila said...

What a special blanket!

Anonymous said...

Funny about the keys and how Kelly has so much more. Love the keychain you made.

Scribbit said...

That is the biggest group of keys I've ever seen--though easier to keep track of, right?