CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 05, 2007

First Drs Appointment in Ketchikan

So I am headed for my first appt with a doctor here in Ketchikan. I was very fond of my dr back in Portland and otherwise I have major anxiety about going to new Drs since I don't know them yet. Problem is since we have been here I haven't been getting any of my treatments for my iron issues. I am supposed to have an iron infusion through an I.V. every 4 weeks so I am about 3 behind right now and totally feeling it. So it has to get done. I just hope I don't have any problems getting it done with my new dr. He will have to consult with my hematologist in Portland since they don't have any here but it should be easy for him to order it. Also I have a "port" in my chest that really should be flushed soon. Hopefully I like this dr cause we don't have a whole lot of choices here and I'd like to get it all taken care of soon.

6 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Yes we always pay heavily for delaying our own needs. Wishing you an energy boost pending your visit.
Best wishes

Pamela said...

I won't preach, because I'm bad about that, too.

But it sounds like you NEED to be getting your iron.

Anonymous said...

Hope your new Doctor will be as good as in Portland. It does make all the difference if you have rapport..

Pleased you are having this appointment very soon - always important when one moves to a new location.

Scribbit said...

Hope you find someone you like--that's always nasty trying to find someone you trust.

heiresschild said...

i am able to just take iron pills for anemia, though i must take it every day. glad i don't need shots.

what's a port?

Melanie said...

Make sure you take care of yourself. You can't give your kids what they need if you aren't at your best.