CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Because you need to know more about me *updated*

*I forgot something, I was supposed to add instructions to play along at the bottom, they are down there now. I forget things at night ya know*

That Chick sent the following questions to me for an interview. She did it on her blog and I thought it would be fun to answer questions someone else might have for me. Also it gives me something else to post about beside complaining about my job. Actually I have a lot to post about but I will hold that for later!


1) What do you think is the main difference between raising boys and raising girls?
Hmm this is a good question and with 2 of each I have alot of experience with both I suppose. The biggest thing I notice with my kids anyway is the way they treat each other. The girls are each others best friends. The don't know what to do when the other isn't there and enjoy doing things together, usually having the same friends outside of school. They play with each other and when one is upset even if the other caused that upset like in this post they are quick to consol (I can't spell) each other even if it means giving up something for the other. My girls anyway even sleep together on most nights. Its easy to get pictures like this.....

The boys on the other hand.....well thats a whole different story. The way they interact is completly different even when they were the girls age. They fight with each other both verbally and physically. Neither one generally cares to make the other happy really. The girls? They never fight physically and they are each others best friend 10 minutes later.

Also the boys are into more physical activities they taught themselves to ride their bikes at 5, Kenzie was 7 1/2 and Maddie still doesn't ride without training wheels.

There are a lot of differences at least in the sense of my boys and girls. I don't know if they all are that way and I'm sure its different with some peoples kids but that is how it is in my house.

A picture like the above of the boys? Well it wouldn't happen. If I get them that close to each other they are usually decking each other :)


2) If you could be someone (anyone!) else for a day, who would you be and why?

I don't know if I would be someone different. I like who I am. If I could have things different. I would be a bit of a stronger person who knew a little better how to fight for her kids. I don't think I would change them or their struggles even though they are hard but it makes them the people that they are. It makes me the person I am. I am a much different person now with my kids then I would be if they were different. I don't think I would want to be someone different because I wouldn't want to have someone elses struggles because no one has the perfect life they all have their own problems.

3) How many different states have you lived in? Which was your favorite and why?

I've commented before that I am a Navy brat. I lived in only 4 states though (soon to be 5). When I was born I was born here in Portland, Or where I live now. When I was 6 weeks old my mother took me my 15 month old brother and 7 year old sister on a Navy plane to an Atole (small island) in the middle of the Pacific Ocean called Midway Island. It was a Navy base and had no cars only a runway straight down the center of the Island. When I was a little over 2 we moved again to Oahu, Hawaii near Pearl Harbor for 3 1/2 years. Then when I was 5 1/2 we moved to San Diego, California which is where I spent the most time. We lived in several houses their including a 5 month stay in Long Beach by the Navy base there. Then back to San Diego. When I was 12 we moved to Oregon but lived in Bay City for about a year and then finally made it back to Portland where I stayed in a couple of houses. When Kelly and I married we moved to Pheonix, Arizona for two very hot years. I longed to come back to Portland the whole time and even missed the rain! We have been back in Portland for 11 years now. Soon we will be moving to Alaska and that is the one I am really looking forward to! I went to 14 different schools growing up by the way!

Which one has been my favorite? Hmm.... I would have to say San Diego. That is where I have the most of my childhood memories. I had a lot of fun experiences and it make me miss those years and the kind of life I had a child. It seemed safer to me. I was allowed to do so many things that I couldn't imagine letting my kids do now.

4) How old were you the first time you fell in love (real love)?

Kelly has been my only true love! We met when we were 17 and new we would be married from the start....Now that blogger is behaving I hope to get our wedding post up tomorrow!

5) If you could have one superpower, what would it be?Have fun! :)

Superpower huh? Hmm....another thinker I guess. I think I would like to be able to fly! Then I could go visit my friends that are now scattered all over the US whenever I wanted to.

If you wanna play, here’s what you do.

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” If I don’t have your email address, leave it for me in the comments.

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.(Insert, "Muwahahahaahah!")

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

14 people had something to say:

Emma in Canada said...

Great answers! I can't imagine what it would be like to go to 14 different schools.

Denise said...

Cool answers!!

Beccy said...

14 schools must have been tough. I went to two!

Portrait of Peter said...

Really thoughtful answers to each question and of your children in particular. How sweet the photo too!!

I luv your superpower answer too, chaos ensues on the U.S. Flightpaths - as Terri - takes another wrong turn!! (joke honest!!).

That Chick Over There said...

I love your answers! :)

How sweet is it that your husband was your first love?!!? :)

Steffi said...

Wow...what for nice and interesting answers.I enjoyed to read!You have a really excited life!
Have a nice weekend!

Bye,Steffi ;O)

Jocelyn said...

You could write a hundred posts on the differences between raising boys and girls, I'd bet! I know I could. Hee.

These questions gave a terrific insight into who you are.

Denise said...

Terri, you can interview me!

Denise said...

Duh you might want my email address lol.

nailgirl244@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

I don't have as much experince as you with the boy/girl thing I guess, but with one of each I could say a few things, too. :) I can relate with your answer to number 2. Great answers and an interesting idea.

If you like, you may interview me.
mom.2kids@hotmail.com

Alpha Dude said...

Enjoyed your answers.
Wow, you've moved around more than me. You lived in cooler places, too.

frannie said...

LOVE your answer to #2

my4kids said...

Peter, your comment "I luv your superpower answer too, chaos ensues on the U.S. Flightpaths - as Terri - takes another wrong turn!! (joke honest!!)." you have no idea how true that is! I can get lost anywhere even if I've been there a dozen times.

~ej said...

i love that you wrote kelly is your one true love :)
and wow on all the moving....