CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

I had a different post planned for tonight.....

....but Blogger won't let me upload my pictures.

Anyway I mentioned last week that we had some things going on but that I didn't want to go into detail at the time. I'll explain a little now though.

First of all I'm not sure if you remember when I was talking about Izzak a couple of weeks ago when I was frustrated with the hospital saying he was having pain due to constipation. I didn't beleive that was what it was and basically I was right. We still don't know exactly what is going on but he is still having pain and definetly not constipated. His labs at the time came back with blood in his urine for one and that actually has cleared up. They know that it's not the first thought but they are doing more tests and are looking for a bone issue or at some other bone or joint issue since where he is complaining is actually more his back then his abdomen when someone actually feels around and asks more specific locations on his pain. The did check out the blood in urine issue but that seems to have cleared itself. Wednesday they did a spinal xray and took some blood tests to check for JRA (jouvenile arthritis) and some other things. Although she is really looking at it as a bone or muscular issue possibly and says she may refer him to another dr depending on the results of the blood work.

The other issue is Joshua. About 2 weeks ago he started complaining that his hip was hurting. We have a family history of some hip problems in Kelly's side of the family so they did a hip xray which was fine and then Monday a bone scan which was fine as well. Same with Izzak they have decided to run some blood tests on him to rule things out, one including the same JRA tests they ran on Izzak. Which I was actually glad they are running on Joshua since he has complained for awhile that his knees hurt him and he says he isn't able to stand up with his knees straight. I've asked about it before but they usually figured it was more just because of his activity level except that always seems to get worse with the weather change and 2 weeks ago the temperature really dropped quite a bit. Which interestingly enough is the same with the timing of Izzaks issues everytime they have gotten bad.

Who knows we may still find nothing with the latest test but it will be nice to at least get those thoughts out of the way since with Joshua I've often wondered about both the test they did this last week and the one they are running now.

Anyway that is what is going on right now. I will update Monday when hopefully we get some answers back on the tests they did. Some tests have to be sent to Seattle labs since they have limited lab abililities here in Ketchikan and will send some less common tests to Seattles larger labs.

7 people had something to say:

frannie said...

I am thinking about your family and praying for answers. Hopefully, simple answers that have simple solutions.

take care

philosophyoflife said...

I don't know how I missed this post ???

Waiting is always a difficult time for results and I am pleased that your medical team are undertaking a variety of tests to ascertain the situation.


If tests come back inconclusive ask for a referral to a specialist.

Hope all goes well.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

We'll be praying for good results and happy, healthy kids!

Blessings.

alissa said...

I certainly hope everything comes back okay... I'll be thinking about you...

Scribbit said...

I can only imagine your anxiety, I hope for the best results when you get all the tests in, and that the doctors can figure out what's up!

dawn said...

I hope you find some answers with the tests. Good luck.

Melanie said...

Praying for your family. Keep us updated.