CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Proverbs Madison style..

Karmyn posted this yesterday I thought is was really cute. She started off proverbs and let Jammin her her 1st grader finished. I thought it would be fun to see Madisons responses.
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
1. Don't change horses .....................that run


2. Strike while the ............................kids don't sleep (seriously I have no idea where that came from)


3. It's always darkest before ............morning ( pretty close)


4. Never underestimate the power of ...........the darkside ( a little bit of Star Wars influence?)


5. You can lead a horse to water but .............not a house


6. Don't bite the hand that ............................eats people ( well yeah!)


7. No news is ..................................for people (she got stuck on the people answer)

8. A miss is as good as a ..................bird

9. You can't teach an old dog new ..things (close)

10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll .............play (we do have 2 puppies you know)

11. Love all, trust ........................................people (aww)

12. The pen is mightier than the ..................person (stuck on the people thing again)

13. An idle mind is ......................................starting

14. Where there's smoke there's ..................wind

15. Happy the bride who ............................marries somebody

16. A penny saved is ..................................special

17. Two's company, three's ........................girls

18. Don't put off till tomorrow what ...........comes to you

19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and ....smile

20. There are none so blind as ..................boys (she's learnin' early)

21. Children should be seen and not .........hid (well yeah)

22. If at first you don't succeed ................try try again (I knew she would know that one)

23. You get out of something only what you....do

24. When the blind lead the blind .............see

25. A bird in the hand ..............................can not hear

26. Better late than................................... ever (close)

Yes in the picture above she is wearing a helmet. She was sledding and one of the directions they may go when doing that can hit some places they could hurt them selves so I make them all wear one. They hate it and think I'm being a mean mom!

19 people had something to say:

Pamela said...

I'm getting a kick out of everyone doing these.

(and what a smart mom to put helmets on sledders!!)

ChrisB said...

Pamela took the words out of my mouth~smart moms put safety first!

I love her answers~ I really laughed at 20! but she's spot on!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! These kids are too much.

Jammin' knew the "If at First you Don't succeed" too. We must be teaching them early!

Heather K said...

cute post..I should try that one with Janelle...Here's my reply to your question on my blog:

Hi Terri! thanks for asking! I'm fine....just haven't been on here...been feeling tired and sick-ish lately...had a nasty cold and the kids and hubby have been sick and haven't felt inspired to do any writing... I have been reading tho...as you may have noticed on your tracker...altho..I've mostly been reading from bloglines..how are you doing?

Melanie said...

I love it- these answers are so cute!!

And I think you're a great mom to make them wear helmets. I have known people who had serious head injuries from sledding.

Anonymous said...

We have trusting kids as well and only got one right too. Come check it out!

Squishy Tushy said...

What a cute game!

Loved her answers for 10 & 15!!!!

Squishy Tushy said...

As for wearing helmets when sledding... they're (finally) talking about that becoming law here. Cuz apparently the head injuries are just as bad from that as they are from bike riding. Duh. Flying down ice-covered hills at break-neck speed... dangerous? Who woulda thunk?!

frannie said...

1st-- good for you for being a "mean mom"!!! Too many moms let their kids talk them out of stuff like that.

and that is so stinkin' cute, I could die!!! tell my little Maddie she better watch out if I ever make it to Alaska-- 'cause I am going to bring her home in my suitcase! I love her!!!

Susie PSU said...

What a great idea - I'll have to do this with my kids, too!

And kudos on the helmet. I love it when I'm a mean mom, as long as I'm right!

karisma said...

She is such a cutie! Sorry not to be commenting as much. I have been finding it hard to get on the computer. Did Maddy ever get to keep all her postcards we sent? I sent her two, one of where we live and one of Koalas that I thought was cute.

I love the new header, the kids look like they are starting to morph! LOL They look so much alike.

Janice said...

I love your post! I wish my kids were a little older so they could do something like this. Madison's responses are so funny! And she is one smart little girl!

Kila said...

LOL, cute!

I'll have to try this with my boys sometime.

Jocelyn said...

Those brides who don't marry anyone are so sad.

la bellina mammina said...

Great pic!

Love all those answers - I may try this with my boys.

Cole Twins said...

How cool is that! I love it!!

I should try it with Riley - If you don't mind!!!

Hope you guys are staying warm!! Oh, and I totally don't think you are a bad my for making them wear helmets! Yea you!

Hugs

Anonymous said...

How fun. Love the answers. Mine are older so I am not sure what they would come up with. Perhaps I will give it a go. A cute photo with her helmet.

Debs said...

Love the answers. My favorite is There are none so blind as...boys...*LOL* So very true!

Steffi said...

I love it- these answers are so cute!!