CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 02, 2008

About the pipes....

The pipes have stayed unfrozen since Monday! Which is great. I just wanted to address the comments though. We do know about leaving them running just to a trickle the only problem is this is how we get our water...

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
It is our water tank that collects water from when it rains. I've talked about it before but I figured I'd show it at the new house. The problem with running water even at a trickle is when it is freezing like it is and we are only getting snow we are getting a lot less water then normal so not much is running into the tank. The water already is pretty low so we have to kind of watch how we use it and make sure it is at least being used instead of just running. We keep up on laundry that we need done anyway and usually someone is home to check and make sure it is running. Also we have new heat tape on the pipes under the house and a heater to keep them from freezing. The problem was that the heater normally under the house got turned off somehow and the heat tape just quit working.

Madison playing with Kodiak and the puppies new toy. A little blue tire....
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!



Look I wanted to share a picture of Kenzie and her cousin Kayla(nearly twin they are 9 days apart) when they were babies. My sister in law was going through pics the other day and sent me a copy of it.
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Kayla is the one with her hair standing up and Kenzie is the one sitting on the toy. They were so close at this age and were always together.

16 people had something to say:

ChrisB said...

Terri I remember reading about your water supply before. I think you are marvelous coping with type of water supply. I think it would drive me mad!
That is a cute little picture of the cousins. Also I enjoyed the photo album.

Anonymous said...

I figured you must also have a heater under there, you just didn't mention it when mentioning the heat tape. I am glad it is all worked out now. That is a very sweet photo of the cousins. Our third daughter Chadya has a twin, my good friend's son. They were born 4 hours apart. It was so fun going through the pregnancy with my friend from day one (yep, but no details on how we came to know the very next day). Her twin lives 12 hours away, but we visit for vacations. We have always called them the twins, but now Chadya towers over him. I am sure he will catch up eventually. His parents are taller than Sirdar and I.

Janice said...

Glad the pipes are staying unfrozen! I hope you guys are all staying warm.

That is such a cute picture of Kenzie and her cousin. They look so tiny. I bet that just felt like yesterday to you. That reminded me of a photo a friend just sent tonight of her daughter and Cameron when they were only a few months old. Anyway, Kenzie and her cousin look so adorable together. :-)

Scribbit said...

Ah the joys of rural life :) I'm so glad they're running now--here's to three more frozen-free days.

Debbie said...

We get our water delivered so I get what your saying. I hope the pipes stay thawed!

jennwa said...

I am sorry about your pipes. I am glad they are working now.
I just thought I would stop by. I came by way of Living With Me.
Nice to meet you.

Amy W said...

I am glad they are working now too...

and those pics? precious!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the pipes are working for you now. Wow- I can't imagine having to deal with water supply issues like you do.

I love the pictures! Too adorable.

la bellina mammina said...

oh those two are soooooo adorable!

Melissa said...

So cute that they are close in age. I bet it is really fun for both of them.

Jocelyn said...

Your situation is a constant reminder, I'd guess, of how special it is to feel that water is unlimited and expendable. We all should be reminded of the need to treat it with respect!

Kila said...

I hope you get warmer temperatures for the pipes, and lots of snow for water!

Beccy said...

Glad you've got the ater sorted, we take it for granted here and are lost if we're without water for just a few hours.

Steffi said...

I am glad the pipes working now again!That is a cute little picture of the cousins.

Alpha Dude said...

Good to hear you are well.
Enjoyed the photos.

Blessings.

~ej said...

glad the pipes are working and hope they stay thawed....i have to read back about your new house!!