CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fun Monday blog name and food stuff...


This weeks Fun Monday is hosted by Mariposa. Here challenge this week is this:

1) Please share to us how the NAME of your BLOG was made? I can't wait to hear interesting funny stories!
2) Please share to us (in words or photo, though a combination of both will be a bonus!) your favorite/ most common dish!

Number one was not to difficult really. The name is My4Kids and well I have 4 kids....these are them...


I originally started this blog for myself as a journal. I love to take pictures especially of the kids and I scrapbook. I wanted to have somewhere to write things down. My thoughts, things they were doing, their difficulties and the fun times we had. I always had a journal as I was growing up but I'm not a fan of writing in a book and I loved the idea of being able to include pictures. After a few months of occasional blogging for myself I started checking out some other blogs and commenting and soon I had others commenting and checking out mine as well. All along though this blog has always been about my family and My 4 Kids. For those of you who don't normally come around here this blog has also chronicled our deciding to move to Alaska and our recent move her this last August so for me it has really been an outlet. I love all the friends I have made, I have met a lot of people with kids who have similar issues to mine and have become at least email buddies with several and I do seriously consider many of you my friends. My kids all know who you are!

Number 2? Well I'm gonna cheat on this one. We had a Fun Monday back in September that was titled Your Favorite recipe so here is the link to that post

34 people had something to say:

Pamela said...

You kept it simple - but it works.
Of course, this means you can't have any more children. (:

j said...

Beautiful 4 kids! Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out - Jen

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

You have beautiful children! And ha, I'm collecting recipes now...just need time to try them all out. Happy fun monday!

ChrisB said...

Simply a perfect name for your blog.
That's a lovely picture of them.

Amanda said...

I'm glad I've come to your blog via Fun Monday. I like it!

Beccy said...

I've been reading your blog for quite a long time now and have loved following your journey with your family to Alaske. I think you were so brave to take it and I'm looking forward to hearing how life pans out.

Junebug said...

I liked the idea of being able to preserve some memories especially with pictures. I thought maybe someday my kids could look at it and see what mom thought. :D

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing to have 4 kids! It is so nice to connect with other bloggers. I've had a lot of fun too. What an adventurous family you are moving to Alaska! It must be beautiful...

Beckie said...

It is fun to follow the happenings and adventures of your family through this blog! A very fitting name indeed.

Melissa said...

I didn't know you guys just moved up there lately. That is great. I hope you are all loving it!

Unknown said...

Hi from n ireland. I too love scrapbooking, but I have gone digital - does that count?

Found you through the Fun Monday - I am joining in for the first time.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Your kids are gorgeous. And living in Alaska must be amazing. Have a fab Fun Monday. :D

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Love homemade mac & cheese!

Hootin Anni said...

....and I love the title. And I love your kids photos. You just can't beat it.

Sandy said...

Pamela's right - no more children! That is still a terrific recipe, too.

frannie said...

you know I consider you a friend!

Sayre said...

And they are lovely kids - totally deserving of a blog that talks about them!

Faye said...

Good way to pursue both your interests--the scrapbooking, photography and also writing about family experiences. I hope you enjoy living in Alaska. My friends come there every year--they love the state.

Celeste said...

A great name for you blog and a good purpose.
I like the oldies but goodies. Mac and cheese fills a place in the heart!

Michelle said...

Very original blog name! :) I love reading the blog names everyone has!! It is one of my favorite parts of visiting new blogs!!

"J" said...

YUM! =)

Did you know Frannie picked my blog name out?!?!?!? She is soooooooooooo GREAT!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I kept a journal in HS and still have it somewhere. It was a great outlet then and this is a great outlet now. Though NLM is more verbal than I am, I love playing with the design and balance and stuff. Your kids are adorable and you're a good mom for letting them in on this part of your life!

Debbie said...

LOL, Pamela.

I enjoy family blogs the best!!

Anonymous said...

lovely blog with lovely kids!

thefoodsnob said...

Totally perfect name, and I did the same for my food!

Lisa

Melanie said...

Your blog name is perfect!

~ej said...

i think your blog name is perfect too....i still don't like mine ;-)

and that pic of the kids is SO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love that collage.
Perfect name for your blog,and now I'm hungry.

Jocelyn said...

That picture of your kids is so sweet--seeing them all in a line like that. I imagine one day at least one or two of them will be really interested in what you've written over the ages in this blog.

Unknown said...

I bet your glad I didn't snag that name first since I too have four kids. :) We think too much alike. :) Sorry, I'm slow coming 'round.

Steffi said...

That´s a nice photo of your sweet 4 kids!

Kila said...

Wow, all 4 in one photo!

I always thought two boys and two girls would be the perfect family.

Irish Coffeehouse said...

WOW- Alaska! I definitely would have started a blog too, also for an outlet and to keep everyone up-to-date on our new endeavors.

I must say, while it sounds chilly, I LOVE the snow picture! The pups are definitely cute too!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for at least 6 months now and was there for your move.