CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Horseback Riding! tons of pictures!

Yesterday we went to my friend Melanies house and went riding on her horse and pony. The kids had a lot of fun. Madison was scared at first and we couldn't even get her in with the horses at first. She agreed to go on the pony at first because he is smaller and didn't look so intimidating to her.


McKenzie on the other hand loved both the horse and the pony from the beginning. She loved them.....

She rode the pony first and did very well. Like I said she loved it!


So we put her on the horse and that was even better!

She looked like she had always been riding and not her first time. I was quite impressed with her. She wasn't scared one bit and didn't even get afraid when the pony ran after the horse. She held on and when she got back she had a huge smile on her face! She thought it was fun!


Joshua liked it but wasn't so excited about it. He was in kind of a weird mood yesterday.

He liked the horse best though also. He still didn't ride a lot and only rode the horse and the pony once. He had found some legos and was really into those. We couldn't get him away from them! He made a really cool design but somehow I didn't get a picture of it and am really disappointed about that. I really wanted to show it.




And Izzak? Look at his face. Can you tell what he thought of the horse? He loved it also and picked it up pretty quick. He was funny though. When he first got on the horse his first comment to the horse "please start slow, okay" haha to funny. Like the horse understood. He was okay pretty quick though and went riding a little more with Melanies son Austin.

Madison was an interesting story. We convinced her to get on the pony and she liked it but was still afraid of the big horse. I managed to convince her to get on with me after much convincing. Of course I had promised her she would be fine riding with me and mommy wouldn't let her get hurt right? Um yeah that was the idea. We had a little accident and fell off the horse together. Me being the mommy who promised she wouldn't get hurt wrenched myself around to keep her from hitting the ground herself which means I definetly hit. Yes today I am very sore! I hit my hip on my side and have a bruise there also hit my right shoulder and have a nice little bruise there to. Its okay though Madison is fine she landed on padding.


So when she fell after being told you would expect that she would never get back on a horse again, right? Nope after falling she thought the horse was great and wanted to get back on. Not the pony either he was to small she liked the horse!

But she wanted him to go fast she didn't want him to go slow.

Have a look at her riding him on video........









Maddie horseback riding 2 from my4kidsdunn on Vimeo





can you tell she liked it?

25 people had something to say:

Jocelyn said...

I love these photos. As a kid, I was sure I LOVED horses--I was one of those "horse girls." But when it came to hopping on a real one...well, only behind someone else!

Scribbit said...

Those pictures really are fun--Reminds me of my honeymoon. We were in the Bahamas and they had horses you could rent to ride along the beach. I thought it would be SO romantic so we did it but I'd never been on a horse really and bumped and jostled all along in the most un-romantic display yet imaginable. Really funny.

heiresschild said...

hi terri, you take such beautiful pictures, and the color is awesome. i'd be like madison was at first and would ride the pony, though i would stick with the pony the whole time. *lol* i love to look at horses; i think they're so beautiful, but the riding....well, that's another story.

i actually started a new post yesterday, but i'm still working on it. i was gone today, so i'll get the new post up tomorrow. but i did redecorate. *lol*

Heather K said...

wow you're sure keeping everyone busy!!! Looks like they all had fun.. and sounded like they couldn't get enough! Was that Kenzie saying "my turn my turn"? lol sounds familiar!!

Beccy said...

What a lovely day. I'm glad Madison got brave enough to try riding the horse because she looks like she had great fun.

I know I should but I sniggered a little at you falling off the horse after promising Madison ahe would be safe. That's just the kind of thing that would happen to me.

Portrait of Peter said...

Wow, Terri the photos and video together with your comments have been great viewing.

So wonderful to see all the kids enjoy the day with the horse and pony and gaining in confidence.

Of course, as I have a cruel sense of humour - one had to laugh at your misfortune - please remember extra padding is on one's rear posture - me - I hasten to add - from past experienes of falling!!

So glad you all had a fun day - and look at the weather too.

Ellie said...

Oh, what a fun day for you and the kids. I have to say, I am frightened of horses even after having grown up with them all my life. I just never learned to enjoy them the way so many people do. If I had fallen off a horse, I think I would probably never be able to get back on.

You can officially call me a sissy... :)

Anonymous said...

These pictures look like so much fun!! I have always wanted to ride a horse but I am too chicken!! :-)

Denise said...

CUTE!!

Maddy said...

ooo what fun. Hope you got a group discount!
Cheers

Susie PSU said...

I'm happy to see you guys are going out and having FUN. It will make the time go so much faster. And you're making great memories.

Portrait of Peter said...

Izzak looks as if he is a natural too on the saddle - well done Izzak.

frannie said...

how fun!! I love the pictures and the video! your kids are so cute!

Melanie said...

That looks like so much fun! I used to love horse back riding, but I haven't been in years!!

Stacy said...

So jealous! I love horses and wish I knew some one that had one so my kids could ride!!! Love the pics looked like the kids had a blast. Did you get to ride?

Scribbit said...

The only thing those pictures are missing is Glen Campbell singing "Rhinestone Cowboy" :)

That would be cool!

Becci said...

looks like fun!!

Steffi said...

Wow Terri,wonderful pictures of your kids!I showed your pictures Nathalie too because sghe is our little horse freak!She find it really nice and she wish she was there too.
I think your kids had much fun!!!

Mike Minzes said...

Great blog!

I will be back for more

Great pictures!

-0-0-

Amy W said...

I love all the pics and the video!!

Is your husband able to log on somewhere and see these?

Debbie said...

Beautiful photos! The kids look like they're having a wonderful time. I can't see the video for some reason, though. It could be my computer's fault.

ChrisB said...

They are lovely pictures of the kids having fun; the video is great Madison looks so comfortable it's hard to believe she has never ridden before. How lovely to have a friend with a horse and pony.

Wendy said...

Oh how fun. I LOVE horsebackriding!!! It is so much fun. My buns hurt though afterwards?!?!?!

Kila said...

How fun! Too bad every kid can't have his own horse. My middle son has horseback riding (therapy) classes, and he loves it.

~ej said...

what a FUN day!! the kids look so comfortable in the saddle. and maddie's video is fantastic :)